Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Good Day for Dresses and Bikes, a Bad Day For Justice

THIS happened... need I say more? So many questions... how could anyone doubt that she is guilty? I really don't want this blog to turn into something politically charged.. but come on. This is worse than O.J., in my opinion. How can you look at that little girl, and look at all the evidence (as concrete or not as it may have been) and think this woman is innocent? I usually try to turn these thoughts off, because no matter how much I go over it in my mind, or how furious I let myself get... little Caylee is still dead and this woman is still alive and free, and it's never going to be fair.

On the other hand, I'm happy about a lot of things.

I'm purchasing this dress to wear out next weekend. I plan on spending my last weekend in the states before a 6 week-long European research trip in one of my favorite American cities, Los Angeles. Plans are in the works for a really good weekend. Getting dressed up and going out really excites me, so I'm looking forward to the weekend.

Now, the trip itself... I'm nervous and really excited. I'll technically be studying Shakespeare (when my great aunt Faye found out that's what I'd be studying, she decided to put me in her will to receive her complete, leatherbound, very old set of his works, so her kids would stop fighting over who gets them!), but I plan on taking a lot of personal time to study the food, art and fashion of the different regions. The other students I will be traveling with are lovely, and I'm very excited to get to know everyone.

So, the apartment I live in is a good mile away from work and school. Not too bad, it really is a lovely walk... except for in the 100 degree weather we've been having. My lovely grandma got me a bike from a thrift store a few years ago, and as much as I appreciated the gesture, had no real use for it until now.. except all the years the bike spent sitting in my parents' hot garage has worn it down quite a bit. The thought of having a bike to turn a hot, sweaty 30 minute walk into a breezy 10 minute ride any day I wanted was so nice, so what's a girl to do? Grab her boyfriend and her little SUV and take a trip to Walmart, Target, Kmart... anywhere except Sport Chalet, because their bikes are ridiculously expensive.

xx,
Beth

P.S. Only God can judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment